Engr. Nwagugu Nneka, MNSE MNIAE
ENGR. (MRS.) NWAGUGU NNEKA I MNSE, MNIAE, MASABE, COREN REG
Project Development Institute (PRODA) Emene, Enugu
Engr. (Mrs.) Nwagugu Nneka Ifeoma was born and brought up in Nsukka, Enugu State. She attended community primary school, Ihe-owere in Nsukka LGA. After her primary education, she got admission to Girls secondary school Ukehe, where she obtained her secondary school certificate. She then gained admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka to study Agricultural Engineering. After her B.ENG Degree, She went back to the same University for a postgraduate programme in Agricultural Engineering and obtained a Masters in Engineering (MENG.)
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND VARIOUS POSITIONS HELD
Engr. Nwagugu started her career at Enugu State Agricultural Development Programme (ENADEP) in 2002. She proceeded to Model Secondary School, Nsukka as a Physics Teacher in 2003. In 2004, she moved to Onward International Secondary School as the school mother and Agricultural Science Teacher till 2007.
Currently, she is working with Project Development Institute (PRODA) AS A RESEARCH ENGINEER in the Department of Engineering Research Development Projects and the HEAD, Agro and Agro Allied Division.
Statement of Experience
Her experience as a Research Engineer is evident in her list of publications both National and International. The numerous teaching experiences with young adolescents helped her acquire the required leadership competence that has helped her to excel in the various responsibilities given to her at various times.
Also, as a registered Engineer with COREN, she was privileged to have served the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Enugu Branch in following capacities:
• Alt.Chairman, NSE Quarterly meetings, 2013 to 2016.
• Secretary, Debt Recovery Committee, 2014.
• Member, National AGM committee, 2015-16
• Member, Branch AGM committee, 2015
• Member, Debt Recovery Committee, 2015.
• Treasurer, NSE Enugu Branch, 2015 -2017
• Alt. chairman, Debt Recovery Committee, 2016.
• Alt. chairman welfare committee, 2016 - 2017
• Chairman NSE, Enugu Branch AGM Planning committee ,2016 -2017
She has also served the in the National body of the NSE in the following committees as follows:
• Member National Exam Committee, 2016
• Member Finance, Budget, Investment and Properties Monitoring Committee,2016
• Member Food and Agric Committee, 2017
• Member Women in Engineering Committee, 2017
• Member Computer Based Testing Committee, 2017
Engineer Nwagugu in her Profession as an Agricultural Engineer has served in the National body of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineering (NIAE) as thus:
• Ex-officio Member 2010-2012
• National Financial Secretary 2013 to date
• Secretary National constitution and bye-law committee 2014
Engineer Nwagugu also as a Member of the Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN) in Nigeria has served in both the National and state level as thus:
• Member, National Presidential investiture Committee, 2012
• Member, National Presidential investiture Committee, 2014
• Technical secretary, Enugu Branch, 2012 – 2014
• Member kano CPC Planning committee 2017
• Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
• Member, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ASABE)
• Member, Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineering (NIAE)
• Member, Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN)
ENGR. (MRS.) Nwagugu Nneka is happily married to Mr. J.I Nwagugu, an indigene of Ukehe in Igbo-Etiti LGA of Enugu State. The marriage is blessed with four wonderful Children: Oge, Ekene, Dubem and Tasie.
To uttermost support the corporate goals of APWEN through dedication to service and truthfulness in execution of duties.